You might be from Upstate NY if...
1. You've never met any celebrities.
2. Your idea of a traffic jam is ten cars waiting to
pass a tractor on the highway.
3. "Vacation" means going to the Finger Lakes,
Adirondacks or Grandma's.
4. You've seen all the biggest bands--- ten years
after they were popular.
5. You measure distance in minutes.
6. You know several people who have hit a deer.
7. Your school classes were canceled because of
8. You've ridden the school bus for an hour each way.
9. You think ethanol makes your truck run better.
10. You know what's knee-high by the Fourth of July.
11. Stores don't have bags; they have sacks.
12. You've seen people wear bib overalls at funerals.
13. You see a car running in the parking lot at the
store with no one in it, no matter what time of the
14. You end your sentence with an unnecessary
preposition. Example: "Where's my coat at?"
15. All the festivals across the state are named
after a fruit, vegetable, grain or animal.
16. You install security lights on your house and
garage and leave both unlocked.
17. You think the four major food groups are beef,
pork, beer and Jell-O salad with marshmallows.
18. You carry jumper cables in your car.
19. You know what "Cow Tipping" and "Snipe Hunting"
20. You only own three spices: salt, pepper and
21. You design your kid's Halloween costumes to fit
over a snowsuit.
22. Driving is better in the winter because the
potholes are filled with snow.
23. You think everyone from a bigger city has an
25. The local paper covers national and
international headlines on one page, but requires
six pages for sports.
26. You think deer season is a national holiday.
27. You know which leaves make good toilet paper.
28. You find 20 Degrees F "a little chilly."
29. You know all 4 seasons: Almost Winter, Winter,
Still Winter and Construction.
30. There is a Dairy Queen in every town with a
population of 1000 or more.
31. Coke and Pepsi are "Pop" and a soda has ice
32. Any car over two years old is rusted because of
the salt on the roads.
33. You know the names of all the towns that are
stops on the NYS Thruway.
34. You have shoveled snow off the roof. And had
snow in October and May. And the snow total per year
is over 100",